One would suppose the UN would be committed to cultural and religious diversity, eschewing the establishment of a global religion, given the fact it has representatives from countries around the world. But as it turns out, the UN has long had an interest in a global government and universal religion.
Story here . . . . .
The constitution ( Bulgarian ) provides for freedom of religion, and other laws and policies contributed to the generally free practice of religion. However, the constitution designates Eastern Orthodox Christianity as the “traditional” religion, exempting it from having to register in court as required for all other religious groups.
The government generally respected the religious freedom of registered religious groups. There were some concerns
Rejecting any denial of the Holocaust as a historical event, either in full or in part, the General Assembly adopted by consensus a resolution (A/RES/60/7) condemning “without reserve” all manifestations of religious intolerance, incitement, harassment or violence against persons or communities based on ethnic origin or religious belief, whenever they occur.
Story here. . . . .
532. The brochure “What God Require of Us?»).
537. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah’s” Who really believes the Bible? “On 10/15/1998).
538. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah’s Witnesses” Why Christmas is celebrated even in Asia? “On 12/15/1999 izd.).
539. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah’s” How to find true happiness? “On 03/01/2001 ed. Wachtturm Bibel -).
540. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah’s 15.01.2007, ed. Wachtturm Bibel -).
541. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah” 3/1/2007, Vol. Wachtturm Bibel ).
542. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah’s 15.03.2007,)
543. Magazine “Watchtower proclaims the kingdom of Jehovah” 4/1/2007,).
556. The brochure “What God Require of Us?”).
522. Brochure “You can be the friend of God!”).
523. Brochure “The Jehovah’s Witnesses who are they? ).
524. Brochure “The End of false religion is near!” 9).
525. The brochure “How can blood save your life?”).
526. The brochure “will someday be a world without war»).
527. The brochure “A government that will bring paradise»).
528. Brochure “spirits of the dead»).
529. The brochure “A book for all»
530. The brochure “Enjoy life on earth forever!»).
531. The brochure “What is the meaning of life).
With the events in Egypt unfolding in graphic detail, what has been the plight of the modern day congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Egypt ? Listed below are a number of excerpts from the Watchtower pertaining to the struggle of Jehovah’s people in that part of the world.
“Use of RU486/misoprostol may cause any of the following: hemorrhage requiring blood transfusion, severe pain requiring strong pain killers, incomplete abortion, rupture of the
The words “tourism” and “Iraq” don’t often get used in the same sentence these days, but if a new project to help preserve the historic ruins of Babylon pays off, archaeologists and officials say the country could soon be back on the international travel map.
So far, 2011 has been a good year for Babylon. Work funded by a $2 million U.S.
At the first sight of the Holocaust Memorial, one is amazed and wonders what it represents. We all stand by the edge of the street bordering the American Embassy and backing the Tiergaten Park in Berlin. From here, one has a landscape view of the memorial; it looks like a sea
“We hope the Vatican can face the facts of China’s religious freedom and the development of Catholicism in China, and take concrete actions to promote
A new Gallup poll on public opinion about evolution hints at a slightly higher rate of acceptance of evolution in the United States over the years. Asked in December 2010 “[w]hich of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings,” 38% of the respondents. . .
Story here. . .
St. Petersburg, Russia – China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.
Story here. . .
Story here. . . .
Jwitness.wordpress.com — As of November 2010, eight Jehovah’s Witnesses had been jailed for refusing military service, while two more were serving suspended sentences. None of the sentenced Jehovah’s Witnesses were included in the prisoner amnesties proclaimed by President Berdymukhamedov in 2009 or 2010. Instead, the then five prisoners of conscience were before the May 2010 amnesty sent to a labour camp for alleged violations of prison rules. Jehovah’s Witnesses think this was to make them ineligible amnesty.
In a rare letter sent to Armenian media, and ArmeniaNow in particular, on Tuesday the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization said the man suspected of murdering his parents “is not a Jehovah’s Witness, has never been one and has nothing to do with Jehovah’s Witnesses.”
Surb Hovhannes (St. John) Church priest Ter Shmavon Ghevondyan says in any country where there is a traditional church, other religious organizations are considered to be sects.
“A sect is a sect no matter how hard you try not to call it one. They act like petty looters during a disaster, looters who want to get as much as they can during the time of trouble,” he says.
Many scientists and philosophers have claimed that Earth is an ordinary speck of dust adrift, without purpose or significance, in a vast cosmic sea. Yet current astronomical evidence seems to suggest just the opposite. We now know that a rare and finely-tuned array of factors makes Earth suitable for complex life.
Info here. . .
“Because all of this we live in uncertainty and fear, and cannot worship openly,” the Jehovah’s Witness lamented. Because of the ban fellow believers in Khujand are trying to survive on private jobs. “Our believers are known in the society and they are not employed in the public sector,” the Jehovah’s Witness said. Recently a member of their community working for a state school left his job, under the pressure of law-enforcement agencies. The Jehovah’s Witnesses do not want to discuss the details of this, due to fear of state reprisals. jwitness.wordpress.com
Story here. . .